Wednesday 6 February 2008

Two Stupid Birds

As you know, I am an indoor cat, and in between my compulsory 18 hours sleep per day, I have to find things to do around the house.
Luckily, They got fed up with living in town a couple of years ago, and we moved out into our house in the country. We have a medium size back garden, and He likes to put out lots of food for the local birdlife. They don't pass on a free meal, so the garden gets invaded with birds all day long. Now, imagine if you can, a cat with loads of birds to catch within a couple of metres of each other, and a bloody great window in between. If you are an indoor cat, you can sympathize; if you are an outdoor cat reading this blog, please try hard not to laugh, or to pass judgement on us!
Anyway, most of the birds who come here, stay for a few moments - gorging themselves with food - then fly off. But we have two red partridges who come down twice a day. Every day. They rarely fly, prefering to walk in under the fence. They stay for up to an hour, then walk off again. They stay together like a Darby & Jones, and often come up to the patio door to say hello to me. I know they are birds, but they are quite cute really, and I'd actually miss them if they didn't come and see me.
I'm expecting those of you who belong to the 'cats and birds are enemies' brigade to make suitable replies to this blog.
I will tell Her to take a picture of the Partridges for this blog.

Lots of Love

Tia

No comments: